The Academy stands against discrimination in all its forms on the grounds of disability, ability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or religion. We work to the following objectives to achieve this:
- Promotion of cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within the Academy community.
- Monitoring and promotion of the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the Academy, including leadership opportunities, especially students with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially those eligible for free school meals, students with special education needs and disabilities, looked after students and students from minority ethnic groups.
- Continue to improve accessibility across the Academy for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including to specialist areas of teaching.
- Endeavour to ensure that the staff body and representation of staff in leadership roles is reflective of the local community.
- Reduce the incidence of the use of homophobic, sexist and racist language by members of the Academy community.
Please see our Equality and Diversity Policy here for more information