To be the local secondary provider of choice at the heart of our community.
To realise the potential for all our young people through inspirational teaching and outstanding opportunities.
To equip all our students with the skills, values and behaviours which will enable them to take their place as good citizens with a sense of pride for Wythenshawe and to be successful people who can turn their dreams into reality.
Academy Key Priorities
To enhance the successes achieved over recent years through a culture of aspiration and celebration, ensuring that all learners have the opportunities to fulfil their potential. For the coming year there will be a particular focus on:
- Deliver our curriculum intent so that students have a clear pathway of individual progression from entering the academy and beyond the completion of Key Stage 4.
- Developing teaching and learning of the highest quality to ensure that it is consistently excellent, enabling learners to make at least good progress, including the use of ICT as a tool to achieve this.
- Improving attendance to ensure this supports standards of achievement across the academy.
- Students developing resilience in their learning.
- Ensuring that all learners have the core skills to successfully meet the challenges of any subject and understand how to progress through effective communication with their teachers.
- Aspiration and celebration. Excellence for all, regardless of starting point. This must include the provision of leadership opportunities for everyone at the academy.
- The specialisms of the academy sponsors and community partnerships will underpin and drive the above priorities.