Ghyll Head Residential
The Ghyll Head Residential for Year 7 is finally here! Below are a couple of points for students to remember:
- Students should arrive at the Academy as normal at 8.40am and in their own clothing.
- Please bring a packed lunch
- Pack plenty of layers to keep warm.
- Please do not bring any sweets, fizzy drinks or excessive snacks – these will be confiscated.
- We recommend phones are not brought as we cannot be responsible for loss or damage, and the mobile phone reception is poor at Ghyll Head
- If your parents would like an update, they can contact Academy reception.
- Don’t forget to bring a book; there will be some quiet time in the evenings.
- Remember, we are there to represent the Manchester Health Academy community, develop a team ethos and have fun!
Friday 1st December 2017, 1.06pm
- Gorgeous walk this morning to Gummers How. On our way back now.
Thursday 30th November, 2.20pm
- Busy day full of activities. Zip wire, wall climbing, high ropes followed by Ghyll scrambling this afternoon. -1 degree outside, bitterly cold. Proud of our students’ resilience!
- Zip wire:
Thursday 30th November, 11am
- The students are having a great time and are thoroughly enjoying their activities – today will include canoeing, zip wire, walk and a campfire this evening.
Wednesday 29th November 2.05pm
- Arrived safely. Gorgeous weather. A bit chilly. Getting into our groups now for our afternoon activities.
- Gorgeous view:
Wednesday 29th November 2pm
- The first group is on their way home and have had a fabulous time!
- The second group has arrived safely and are settling in.
Wednesday 29th November 8.35am
- Greetings from Ghyll Head! All students are having a great time!
- Breakfast with a view:
Tuesday 28th November, 9.07am
- Just finishing off a cooked breakfast and looking forward to a fun packed day including canoeing, zip wire, walk and a campfire later on!
Tuesday 28th November, 8.55am
- All students arrived safely and are enjoying themselves – currently just having breakfast and getting ready for the day ahead.