Manchester Health Academy Pride Protocols are basic expectations of all our students in order for them to show the very highest standards both personally and in all areas of their work.
In short, all students should:
- Be Proud – to ensure success it is vital that all students take a pride in their approach to Academy life.
- Be Prepared – arrive to lessons on time, entering learning zones in silence, with the correct equipment for the lesson. In the coming week all students will be issued with a pencil case and basic equipment for all lessons.
- Have Planners – these are a part of the standard equipment for every student. At the start of each lesson these should be placed on desks ready to use to aid progress/record homework. We would ask that parents sign planners at least once per week and check regularly for any communication from teachers.
- Be well Presented – uniform should be correct (including on the journey to and from the Academy when members of the community see our students representing us and yourselves), bags and coats removed. Use blue or black ink, underline headings/date with a ruler, use a pencil for diagrams and graphs. There should be no graffiti on any exercise book.
- Be Polite and Positive – in conversations with teachers and each other.
- Participate – listen well, work together and support one-another.
- Check Progress – every student should know their targets, how they are progressing and what they need to do to reach their target level. This should be regularly discussed with the teacher.
Students will be consistently rewarded where they show these attributes in their lessons. Rewards will go towards prizes and the purchase of items from the Academy reward shop.